Dead Crow Comedy Room Provides Comic Relief All Summer Long
For starters, don’t let Wilmington’s size deceive you: Dead Crow Comedy Room has been booking some of the biggest acts around for years. Many of their visiting comics have been seen on Last Comic Standing, Comedy Central, MTV, Live at the Apollo and other spots.
Here are just some the comedy acts announced for Summer 2018 at Dead Crow Comedy Room:
- Dave Stone, June 29-30: Based in Los Angeles by way of Atlanta, Dave Stone made his television debut on “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” in 2013 and in the same year was selected to the prestigious “New Faces” roster of the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. Since then, he has been seen on season 8 of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing”, Viceland’s “Flophouse”, and Travel Channel’s “Cheat Day Chow Down”.
- Gina Yashere, July 6-7: Gina has been a stand up and TV star in the UK for several years now, with appearances on iconic TV shows such as Live At The Apollo & Mock The Week, as well as creating & performing popular comedic characters on The Lenny Henry Show. She broke onto the American comedy scene with her appearances on Last Comic Standing (NBC), where she made it to the final 10, and then never went home! Gina went on to be named one of the top 10 rising talents in the Hollywood Reporter.
- Sara Schaefer, July 13-14: Sara Schaefer is a critically acclaimed stand up comedian, writer, and producer currently based in Los Angeles. She was the co-host of MTV’s late night show Nikki & Sara Live. Sara has appeared on @Midnight, John Oliver’s New York Stand Up Show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and Inside Amy Schumer. She won two Emmy awards for her work at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and has written for Ed Helms’ Comedy Central special The Fake News with Ted Nelms, Problematic with Moshe Kasher, Not Safe with Nikki Glaser and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire.
- Eric Schwartz, July 17: n addition to television appearances on Showtime, the Tonight Show, Comics Unleashed, BET and his one-hour special, “Surrender to the Blender,” on Hulu, Eric is known for his popular digital stand-up clips, sketches and parody videos. He has been going viral long before social media existed and continues to deliver hit after hit to his growing and engaged online fanbase.
- Ben Roy, July 20-21: Roy has been compared to Bill Hicks and Lewis Black. He has been seen on Comedy Central, and toured with the Van’s Warped Tour. Ben is a member of The Grawlix, a trio of Denver comedians who produce a monthly live comedy show and web series. He is the co-creator and stars on the Trutv comedy series, “Those Who Can’t”.
- Tony Woods, July 27-28: Born in North Carolina and raised in the D.C. area, Woods kicked off his career as an original member of Russell Simmons’ Def Comedy Jam on HBO and P. Diddy’s Bad Boys of Comedy, he is an all-round veteran and one-of-a-kind comic. His playful and cool demeanor, combined with sharp and mischievous subject matter, create a show that is unmistakably entertaining at every level. A natural entertainer, Woods understands an audience and encourages them to become part of his strange world.
But at Dead Crow Comedy Room, the fun doesn’t stop with the big acts.
Every Tuesday night is Comedy Bingo! This is not your Grandma’s Bingo night. With $2 drink specials and the chance to win free stuff, this Bingo is going to delight everyone in your crowd. Wednesday nights are Improv Nights. You will be rolling with local improvisational comedy groups who work with the audience to create one-of-a-kind comedy skits. And on Thursday nights, you can not only enjoy food and drink specials, but also the Open Mic. Comedians from all over the Cape Fear region use this as their chance to shine (and who knows, maybe you’ll be inspired to take the mic and start your own comedic career?).
If you are seriously interested in pursuing comedy (see yourself as the next Tina Fey or Will Ferrell?), Dead Crow Comedy Room is one of the only places in the region that offers classes. Here you can take either a Stand Up Comedy Class or an Improv Class. Neither class requires any previous experience. So which will you choose?