Benefits of Master Planned Communities In The Wilmington Area
Roll up all the amenities you could want in a community and tie them up in a pretty package—that’s how a master planned community works. All that planning translates into convenience for residents.
We’ve gathered a few of the highlights of Wilmington area master planned communities so you can get a glimpse of what it’s like to live there. Is a planned community for you?
Take a Virtual Stroll through Brunswick Forest
“Coastal by Nature” is the byword at Brunswick Forest in Leland. The master planned community places an emphasis on natural beauty with plenty of tall trees, marsh vistas, and walking and biking trails. Smaller parks and common areas are built-in too.
Some of the incredible amenities at Brunswick Forest include:
- An 18,000 sq. ft. fitness center boasts indoor and outdoor pools, tennis and pickleball courts, an aerobics studio, steam and massage rooms, and a lounge.
- More than 100 miles of paved and unpaved trails connect the neighborhoods, and there are sidewalks, too.
- Cape Fear National is an award-winning golf course for the beginner to avid golfer. Brunswick Forest residents don’t pay dues!
- City amenities abound at the Villages at Brunswick Forest, a town center with plenty of retail, dining, and professional facilities. New Hanover Regional Medical Center has a 40,000-square-foot medical building in the Villages. Residents have access to the area from paths and trails.
- When you need a larger space for meetings or parties, the Community Commons offers a glass-and-cedar meeting room to serve your needs.
- Dip into Town Creek via a kayak and canoe launch just for residents.
River Bluffs Community Promises a Green Life
For environmental sustainability on the Cape Fear River, people look to the River Buffs master planned community. Low-impact processes both obvious and unseen are planned into the development to benefit residents and the environment.
Green amenities at River Bluffs include minimal paved roads and driveways, clean drainage with zero retention ponds, tree preservation, and energy efficient homes and buildings.
Of course there are fine amenities you’d expect from a master planned community, including:
- A fitness center with treadmills and ellipticals, free weights and weight machines, yoga classes, and personal training sessions.
- A riverwalk along with parks and trails for enjoying the outdoors and the amazing Cape Fear River scenery.
- A marina with 141 boat slips and a waterfront River Club is almost complete!
- Not too many master planned communities have an organic farm, but River Bluffs Community Farm is certified organic. Fresh veggies in season can be purchased at Porches Café.
- Porches Café is a popular restaurant featuring fresh, local, seasonal food, some which is raised right on the River Bluffs farm!
- Davis Square is the central heart of the River Bluffs master planned community, accessible and with all the necessary options, including a community post office.