Who’s Who: Larry Morgan of Bluewater Restaurant
Who’s Who of Wilmington Today: Meet Larry Morgan, General Manager, Bluewater Restaurant
Larry Morgan, general manager of Bluewater Restaurant, is originally from Greensboro, North Carolina, and moved to Wilmington after his two children moved here first. He loves coastal community living and describes himself as energetic and driven.
What is your average workday like?
Plan, organize, execute, repeat.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
I most enjoy the interpersonal relationships with staff and guests.
What is the most difficult part of your job?
Not settling for mediocrity.
Do you have any goals for the company and what will you do to achieve them?
I enjoy being mainstream into the day-to-day operations but would enjoy being more involved with training and development in another capacity.
- What is your favorite movie? The Game with Sean Penn and Michael Douglas
- What is your most embarrassing moment? There are too many to mention.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? The ability to read minds; it would come in handy with understanding why people do some of the things that they do.
- What’s your favorite song right now? “Uptown Funk.” It was popular when my first daughter was getting married and still remains my favorite today. Great beat!
- Do you have any pet peeves? Not keeping things in their place.
- What’s your favorite quote or mantra? “If you always do what you’ve always done, you will continue to get what you always got” (and that may not be what you want).
Bluewater provides a diversified menu while being focused on coastal cuisine as well as having the talent and ability to execute outside our core menu to support trends in weddings and special events held within our waterfront event spaces. Our location on the Intracoastal Waterway presents our guests with spectacular views of boating activities and the best sunset on Wrightsville Beach from our patio. The children always get a thrill when seeing a pod of dolphins coming through waterway at sunset. From the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in September, we showcase a variety of popular bands with our music series. It’s a great gathering spot for our locals as well as those visiting for the weekend.